It all begins with a common vision. Behind our agency's effort to improve the quality of life is our vision for the future of what could be. That vision is and must continue to be pursued by our agency with energy, patience, tenacity and determination. It is one thing to have a vision, but the most difficult thing of all is to fulfill it. Our staff workforce is clearly customer-driven, possess a strong work ethic and truly care about the families they serve.
Our agency's goals are achieved through programs we currently have available and the continuing development of innovative projects and programs for the future.
All employees who represent our agency share the same objective; to gain maximum knowledge to better enable them to provide optimum services to the individuals we serve. Each employee strives to improve the lives of those families they serve through the basic ingredients of support, dedication, honesty, and sincerity.
Benton Franklin Community Action Committee (BFCAC) is a certified 501(c) 3 private non-profit corporation established in 1966 to assist low-income families/ individuals to identify options and alternatives for self-sufficiency and independence by improving their chances for filling their employment, housing and childcare needs.
BFCAC provides services under approximately forty-two (42) different contracts and networks with community partners to provide a wide variety of services in Benton and Franklin Counties. Services in Walla Walla, Columbia, Adams, Grant, Klickitat and Skamania, Counties located in South Central Washington and Yakima, Kittitas, Okanogan, Chelan, Douglas, Whitman, Garfield and Asotin are funding specific.
BFCAC uses funding to provide a range of services and activities, which have a measurable and potentially major impact on reducing the causes of poverty. Income eligibility guidelines, age, residence and geographical area requirements vary from program to program. Please refer all potential applicants to our offices for eligibility screening; BFCAC screens applicants in, not out.
Benton Franklin Community Action Committee is the community leader in providing pathways out of poverty in Benton and Franklin counties.
The mission of Benton Franklin Community Action Committee is to empower families and individuals to improve their quality of life through the promotion of greater self-sufficiency.
1. As an advocate for individuals and families, BFCAC is and must remain the conscience of our communities regarding poverty issues.
- We promote partnerships, collaborations and coalitions in delivery of services.
- We promote understanding of the underlying causes and issues of poverty as the first step in the problem-solving process.
- We define the issues and solutions in the problem-solving process.
- We speak out on the issues of poverty.
2. As a leading community services agency, BFCAC values people.
- We identify community needs and motivate the community to respond to needed change.
- We provide people the tools to solve their own problems, rather than solve their problems for them.
- We treat people equally, with dignity, courtesy, compassion, respect, and patience.
- We safeguard client confidentiality.
- We believe people deserve a chance to succeed and empower them to accept personal responsibility in taking advantage of that chance.
3. As a non-profit corporation, BFCAC values responsible stewardship of the funds and resources entrusted and available to us.
- We subscribe to the highest standards of fiscal accountability.
- We strive to instill confidence in the public through good stewardship of our funds.
- We conserve resources.
4. As an employer, BFCAC values our employees.
- We respect the needs of our employees and their families.
- We offer employment opportunities that are personally fulfilling.
- We offer fair wages and competitive benefits.
- We provide a safe, positive, harmonious and respectable work environment.
- We value tenure/longevity, creativity, dedication, diversity, honesty and hard work.
- We promote equal opportunity and celebrate diversity.
- We expect our employees to adhere to the highest standards of personal and professional conduct and ethics.
- We treat each employee with respect.